Friday 17 November 2017

About me

When the outer world becomes too chaotic to bear, find yourself a corner and a book.
When you feel the same chaos inside, find yourself a corner, a pen, and a notepad.


I painted, I practiced singing and dancing. At 12, I published my first story in a popular Bengali magazine for children called Anandamela. At 13, my story was published in a book, a collection of short stories for children. But I have never been passionate enough about my passions. Sometimes I feel my mind is like those cameras from the old days, that couldn’t zoom in on any specific object. Hence, I have been jumping from painting to writing to photography to origami since the time I learned the meaning of the word ‘passion’. But I have been true to my love for literature. I believe I have read more words than I have spoken or used in my thoughts. I am not sure if I would have had the motivation to write this blog had I not crossed continents and oceans to find life in a foreign land. I am not thirty yet, married, happy about the gray streaks in my hair, and bad at decision-making. I haven’t been able to find a suitable name for my blog. Hence, Whatchamacallit, a term you use when you can’t remember or don’t want to take the name of something. If you have a better name in mind, please write to me at chandreyi.india033@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A year later...

One year ago, on this day, I landed in this country, and set foot in my new home, that would be witness to our new life together, our happy...